I've been basting hexagons for June's do.Good Stitches block.
After being away last week and having interstate visitors, I've finally finished my husband's shirt.
He's tried it on and given approval.
Sorry about the photos. It's dark and rainy outside.
This was a Collette pattern. I have some of her other patterns but this was the first I've made. The instructions were wonderful, and apart from adding length in the sleeves I didn't need to make any fitting adjustments. I can see that I'll be making a few more of these when I find some nice shirting.
Pockets in his shirts. I've been promising to make him a shirt for years, I even bought some fabric several years ago just for this purpose. Well, it's his birthday this week so it's time to make good on my promise. Only the pattern calls for 3 yards of fabric and when I measured it, I only had 2 metres.
I cut out all the pattern pieces and pinned them all to the fabric and just managed to squeeze all the important pieces on, not the pockets though!
See that little pile of fabric, that's all I had left. I hope the kids don't think they're getting matching shirts!
February was my month as the quilter for our do.Good Stitches circle. I asked for wonky houses and trees. It's taken a long time to get around to quilting it. I'll cite the four quilts I've made in the mean time plus the kitchen renovation as the guilty parties there!
As a refresher, the quilt top looked like this, minus the head at the top.
It was tricky trying to figure out how to quilt this with all the disparate blocks. Eventually, I settled on outline quilting most of the shapes and heavily quilting the white spaces. Most of the lines on the white are a quarter inch spacing (roughly because I didn't mark it).
We had a vote on the binding and the black and white stripe won, not my choice but we were being democratic!
So, that's quilt number 7 for the year!
I think I've missed posting about April and May's blocks. For April, we were asked for black and white square blocks.
For April we had to make one block in pink and one in blue.
With the off-cuts from the blocks we were asked to sew them together.
On Thursday my younger daughter will turn 7. While I find it hard to believe that she's 7 already, she'll insist on having a birthday anyway! This child is the one that insisted that she needed a quilt for her 4th birthday, which I ignored, then insisted again that she needed a quilt for her 5th birthday which I complied with. In fact I can blame my quilting obsession on this child, I was perfectly happy sewing clothes before she intervened.
After I made cuddle on the lounge quilts for the older boys in April everyone wanted one, so this is the one for my daughter.
It started with a quilt kit but it was too small so I added the flying geese borders to enlarge it.
The quilting is very simple as I was running out of time, also the fabrics are beautiful.
I had the perfect backing fabric for my Hello Kitty fan.
When she was visiting in January I was talking with my sister and told her that I had made 12 quilts last year. She said, "oh, you'll never be able to do that this year." I'm sure that she didn't mean it as a challenge, but this is quilt number 6 for the year!